Tuesday, October 11

Green with Envy....Blue with Anxiety

It would seem that my family is ruled by their emotions.....

Pea green, kelly green, or lime green--pick your favorite shade.  C is green with envy.  A friend turned 16 last weekend and got C's current heart's desire:  an I-Phone.

How far we have come in such a short span of time.  I remember that cell phones had just become realistic for the common folk to have when I was pregnant with C sixteen years ago.  M was working for a delivery company at one point and I made sure he had a cell phone so that I could reach him.

Now, C thinks she needs to have a device that connects her to everything the Apple way.  I'm not knocking the device, but is it a need?  I think not.

Don't get me wrong....I would love to have one, too.  I don't think I need one, though.  I don't think the expense is one that we need....ever....either.  I do get a bit envious at times of all my friends who have smart phones, but I'm usually able to let it go.

I think it's only going to get worse after she changes schools after Christmas.  We'll have to start paying for her to play sports, drive to this school, and keep up with her wardrobe needs.  Remember how I said we were going to have extra money in a few months?  I should know better.

My life is typically chaotic.  I'm still trying to live with chaos and function.  It seems like the more I permit, though, that more and more is added.  I'm a bit blue with anxiety.  A vibrant shocking blue that stuns my senses.....

I did finish a quilt last weekend which was nice for me.  I'm now trying to figure out what to do for the back.  I find it hard to edit so I'm thinking about piecing some blocks for the back since I can't make them work for the front.  Crazy!

My apologies to those that have seen it on the other blog:


The quilt may look a little wonky....it's not!  I can never get a good picture and, therefore, I photo edited it to make it square so I could import it into EQ7 to doodle.

1 comment:

  1. i am not EVEN gonna comment about the smart phone ... except to say that C needs to listen to the Sha Na Na song and Get A Job ... there is nothing quite so eye-opening as deciding what a NEED is when you have to WORK to get it...

    so ... i guess i DID comment, after all ...... and i'm betting that she gets one WITHOUT getting said job because she knows how to WORK - you and M..

    ReplyDelete