Sunday, January 30

Whoooooooo


Don't anyone pass out from shock now.....

Next step?!  The applique hasn't been sewed down.  I am considering if I will blanket stitch it or try a new method where one sews or free motion sews applique in the quilting stage.


Yes, the heck with it!  I will be quilting this one myself.  I am eager to start it today while I have the quilting rush going through my body, but I can't talk M into buying the batting I need today.

S wants it.  I was going to donate it.

A word....  if one wants to feel good about quilting again ask a kid.  A and S wouldn't shut up about this quilt.  They were full of compliments.  A helped me pick out the green leaves.

An explanation about the yellow.  This quilt is for an online quilting challenge.  The month's color was yellow.  I fell in love with the border fabric first.  I've liked the pattern for awhile.  I needed to work with fabric that excited me, especially since it had to be yellow, and a simple quilt.  I needed to be able to finish it with all the distractions and issues I have in my life that have made quilting a chore lately.


3 comments:

  1. Oooo! I like this! The owl is adorable and the yellow is so pretty and cheerful, especially with all the cold grey weather we've been having. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE!!!!! OWL's! It is so Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete