Sunday, October 31

Halloweeeeeeenie

The weather in Denver was WONDERFUL for Trick or Treating.  I can't remember the last time it was SO nice.

C went out with her friends.  It was like Homecoming redux.  She put together her costume with help from her friend's mom at the last minute.  I think she was supposed to be a Greek Goddess because she wore a short toga with a white long sleeved T-shirt underneath and gold artificial leaves bobby pinned in her hair.  I didn't get a picture.

I took Z to my mom's so he could go with his friends.  We got his costume today.  $$$$$  He went from wanting to be a "shadow with swords" in black with only having to buy a mask and accessories to being a scary jester and a purchased costume.  I couldn't say no.  I hope to get a pic when he gets home as I didn't get one when he left because he wasn't wearing his costume yet.

S was a Neon Fairy.  I actually was doing pretty well managing the cost of the costume until we purchased glittery shoes this morning.  hahahahaha.....  oh, and purple eye shadow!  She probably had the most fun as she went with her friend to the rec center Halloween party last night and then out again tonight with another group of friends.  I got pics of her last night sans glittery shoes and eye shadow....





She was very particular about her hair.  I only had hot rollers and not a curling iron.  I had a nice time getting her hair into ringlets and not just curled under.


Alex is into Star Wars so he was a Clone guy.  Typically, he didn't want to wear the mask.  M and I took him out tonight....together for the first time ever.  In past years, I've taken the kids to my mom's by myself.  It was nice!  We took him over to the other side of the neighborhood because we heard more people were actually giving out candy--sure enough my street was pitch black when we left.  A only went one block before he wanted to quit because he was tired.  Too funny!  He got a lot of candy for only visiting about 10 houses.




As we finished the night early with him, we took him to McD's for a Happy Meal.  M and I ended up with $2!!!! burritos at Chipotle.  I had purchased a couple of bags of candy because I wasn't sure of our plans this morning.  We only had one Trick or Treater.  It's a good thing I bought Snickers and Milky Ways because they won't go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. The trick or treaters @ our house had stopped coming by before 8pm. So we went down stairs and watched the rest of the Saints game.

    ReplyDelete