Wednesday, October 20

Scary!

A student at C's school was hit by a car this afternoon and sustained serious injuries.  The accident was so vicious that C heard the crash while at volleyball practice.  The boy was running with the rest of the school's cross country team.  We don't know all the details, but C heard that the boy was running in the street with some other teammates.  He was hit by the car and rolled up the hood and windshield.  She said she heard that he was conscious at the scene, but that he numerous visible injuries including some exposed bones.

I thought of Z.  He runs for his middle school team.  They run the streets around his school.  I think the coach supervises the runners, but I'm sure the runners don't all stay together and he can't be everywhere at once.  We are going to talk safety with him tomorrow.

The accident didn't make the news.  I hope we hear something tomorrow.  I'm sure the accident will be the talk of the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment