Friday, December 10

Resistance is Futile

Resistance is futile.  I could never be classified as a Trekkie.  I have a huge respect for fans and the shows, but this is probably the only line I can quote and I probably didn't even get it right.  I've always been fascinated by the Borg.  I sometimes think about being part of a collective and maybe being a Queen Bee.  hmmmm.....  After my last post I had this dream where I was a part of a collective quilting group of pod people--it got really scary!

Onward!

I dumped awarded the Christmas shopping to M this year.  My involvement has become less and less over the years.  M is always the one with the money.  We use to shop together, but I don't even bother with that anymore.  It was tough a couple of years ago when he first started shopping, but I would sometimes give him too much input.  (It's really bad for me now as my past has finally really caught up with me.  Merry Christmas to me!)  The kids have written their lists and he has them in hand for some unfettered shopping and of buying things that I would never buy because of impracticality and the expense.....but, hey, it's not my money.

Like the baby doll that S wants that is $69.95.  WTF?!  The thing is just a doll and doesn't even poop or cry....  He was having trouble finding things on S's list so I went online with her last night and helped her look things up and send him the exact links.  When I got to the baby doll, I couldn't believe it?!  I was like, "Wow.....that's a lot of money" and S was like, dejectedly, "really?".  I hated to disappoint, but really??????  I planned on talking to M about it and suggesting we find something different, but when I approached him he said he had already bought it.   ooooookay, then

And before anyone says anything about what I should do, etc.....been there, done that.  Pretty much all there is left to do is leave or live with it.  After almost 20 years, I've made my marriage bed so I guess I'll have to live with it.

After the baby doll talk, we lit on a discussion of a gift suitable for his cousin and hubbie.  The family is the only one we exchange gifts with from M's family--everyone gives us stuff but we get a pass because of the four kids and our financial situation.  The daughter wants gift cards.  I've always made a quilt or something homeade, but not this year.  M and I discussed it last night and didn't resolve anything.  I refuse to get sucked in.....  My suggestion was for him to send them Harry and David or something.

Not that I wasn't tempted, mind you--I want to make this for someone.  (don't ask me why that someone isn't me?!)  Wouldn't it be cute to make this for someone and give it to them a month at a time?....because God knows I would never be able to get a full set done in time to gift all together.




Quilts in Montana


Bah Humbug....everyone  It's no way to live.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, my boys ask for rediculous things for christmas also. This year my 16 yr old asked for 150.00 oakley sun glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh ... nope ... i've got nuthin'

    ReplyDelete