Monday, December 13

Sewing with Kids

12 Days until Christmas.......or 12 for me to get into a good mood.  I really think I can do it!  Add another week onto that and I'll be raring to go for 2011.  No doubters now!

I'm pretty sure I've ruined any chance of turning C into a domestic goddess and certainly not a quilter .  We had our issues with each other when I tried a couple of times.  I put the blame squarely on my shoulders.  I didn't give up trying to get her to want to sew even if I couldn't teach her and so I enrolled her in a couple of summer camp classes at JoAnns a couple of years ago.  She went, but she never asked to go anymore or learn anything else so I dropped it.

S is a different story.  She seems interested.  I've tempered my perfectionist ways and let her be.  I'm trying to teach her the basics as much as possible and then allowing her to grow.

We sewed a bit together yesterday.  She started a quilt months ago, but stopped working on it.  She invariably wants to start sewing at 8:30 at night.  It wouldn't be so bad, but we don't keep her sewing machine out.  I need to fix that and find room so she can just hop on and sew when the mood suits.

She burned her finger on the iron yesterday and that put a damper on her wanting to keep sewing.  I should have supervised her better or not let her iron at all, but she really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment