Friday, June 17

$11.35

I visited another one of my favorite quilt shops yesterday, Holly's Quilt Cabin.  They are expanding into the space next door.  I miss Great American Quilt Factory, but Holly's was my second favorite so I'm learning to adjust.  I still visit the other store that will remain nameless because it's closer, but only because of that fact.

I got sticker shock, though!

I saw fabrics priced at $11.35/yd.  Ouch!  No one has to explain cotton prices, etc.  I've heard the news.

How many of us will be changing our fabric buying habits?  I may be forced to use my stash!  I know I've already started changing my habits for other reasons, but I still like to buy fabric just because.  It is a guilty pleasure.  I don't think there will be any just because purchases any more.....

I allowed myself to be tempted by a pattern, though.  Counterpoint  I'm debating whether or not I can use it for my Spoonflower vampire fabric.  I may try it out first on the yard of the regular cotton piece that I have first.

2 comments:

  1. What a shame. I've had to really cut back on my fabric purchases lately, too. I do have a pretty extensive stash, but sometimes I just can't find the right thing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i thought $10.50 for batiks was bad - makes last year's fabric purchases (that i'm still paying interest on) look better and better...

    ReplyDelete