Sunday, November 21

Couch Number ?????

M and I have been together for 18+ years.  I moved in with him in 1992, I think, and we married in 1994.

I think we are on our seventh couch.

M's mom gave us a couch and M took my brother to get it today.  We are very thankful to be sure.  FREE is free.  We were down to two cushions on the one we've been using since the third one got peed on by Ginger, the diabetic dog.  One of the arms was down to the foam rubber.

M and I were trying to remember how many couches we've had.

He said he had a rattan couch when I moved in, but something happened to it.  Next we had another couch, but we think the dog destroyed it one day while we were at work.  After that one, we got a metal futon.  It had two pads.  We lived in a rental together for  six months before we moved to an apartment.  We took the futon with us to the apartment for a year and then to another rental before we bought our house.

After C was born, I bought a couch.  I loved that couch!  It was a rose color of all things and was a sleeper--I had always wanted a sleeper couch.  I think we had it a couple of weeks before it was "ruined" when one of the dogs pulled a greasy roast bag out of the trash to chew it up on the couch.  I could never get the stain out.  I cried and cried.

We replaced that couch with another hand me down from M's mom.  I don't remember how long it lasted.

I got a couch from a friend for $100 dollars after that one.  It lasted a year or so.....

The next couch was another hand me down.  I used to work for a company that delivered furniture for interior designers.  Sometimes people would donate their couches to Habit for Humanity or other places.  Many times they didn't want to have any extra time charges and would just pay another $50-$100 for disposal.  Sometimes the couches didn't even make it back to our warehouse for proper disposal (not kidding, guys said they would just open up the van doors and shove stuff out in an alley and race away.)  I put the word out that I was looking for a couch in good condition and finally one was up to be "disposed".  This couch is the one that we've been using.  It lasted three years--a record!

The "new" couch is cream colored.  M is supposed to be getting us a cover for it.  We've had it in the house for a couple of hours.  No LIE.......I have already cleaned poopy paw prints from one of the cushions and yelled at the dogs at least 25 times to get off of it.

One more instance where I can cheerfully say....I LOVE MY LIFE.






1 comment:

  1. We have had our couch for over 10 years. I refuse to sit on it because I can't get Out of it. The couch sucks you in!

    ReplyDelete