Tuesday, July 19

Busted

We busted Z last night for visiting questionable websites.  He was at home watching his brother while we were at S's baseball game and C was out.  After we returned and were settled, I went to get online to do some more research for a Twilight quilting project and was greeted on screen by a bevy of naked women in a pop-up.

Oh, joy!

It is to be expected, right?  He's 13.

We've not had parental controls on the computer.  When we replaced the computer that died recently, M went through all the extra steps of setting up an admin account and user accounts for ITunes, me, him, and the kids.  The browser and how it displays is also a bit different.  You can have a bunch of separate Internet pages open and not really realize it or close them......

I was probably a pretty sneaky kid.  I wasn't a serious troublemaker and never did anything really bad, but I had issues with shoplifting, taking money from my parents, sneaking peeks at Christmas presents, hoarding food, etc.  I got pretty good at covering my tracks, but never good enough.  I'm sure my parents knew a lot of what I was doing, but they never really confronted me about anything.  I know I have issues today because of it.

Z isn't very good at covering up and, because of how I was as a kid, I almost always see what he's up to.  M thinks I'm being silly and that kids will be kids.  Yes, that is true...... but, I also know how things turn out when parents turn a blind eye.

In this instance, he just wasn't smart enough which continues to be a good thing.  He's the worst speller in the house.  When I saw lesbean and girl on girl actshun, I had to laugh.  He doesn't know how to clear history, about pop-ups, or that his brother has no loyalty and will tattle on him about everything.

We know have controls on the computer, the kids can't log on when we're not home, and he can't log on at all for awhile.  It's the way of the world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment