Tuesday, July 26

Would You Rather.....Quilting Style

I was up very late last night cutting all the fabric pieces for the C.U. quilt.  The fact that I did so is amazing in itself.  I actually did it this time so that C could help with the quilt.  She helped for a little while, but then got too tired....or bored.  Am I a bad mom if I say that I don't think she will be a quilter and that I can't make her?  She did manage to carry on an hour long text conversation with the boyfriend while cutting and didn't make many mistakes or cut off a finger so maybe she IS better at multi-tasking than I am?  I went ahead and finished cutting to get it done.....and so I wouldn't have to monitor C.

I've pieced three blocks and am working on the remaining three of Row 1 so at least I know that the blocks are good.  I think I worked out my seam direction pressing problems.

I know the best thing to do is to cut all the fabric out for a quilt after I'm sure I'm situated, but I always resist doing it.  I'm also the type who finds it very difficult to chain piece and has to grit her teeth while sewing on more than one block at a time.

I wish my brain weren't hot wired as such.  I would so go for hypnosis to try to work out my issues.

So, how do you do it?  I'm sure most quilters are organized, have a plan, follow a pattern, cut all their fabric out, etc.

1 comment:

  1. i must not be most quilters - bwah ha ha!!!

    if i was ORGANIZED, i would never get anything done cuz that would mess up the organization ... IF i have a plan, i ALWAYS change my mind ... i have yet to find a pattern that couldn't use a bit of tweaking ... and if i cut out ALL the fabric, i am sure to be a quarter of an inch off somewhere

    ReplyDelete