Thursday, July 14

With a Little Help from Quiltmaker and EQ7


What is about college and plaid that go together?  I'm not a plaid lover, but I immediately thought plaid for the quilt.  I've had the Mad About Plaid by Black Mountain Quilts in my library for-ev-er.  I've never made a quilt from the book, but I've always wanted to.  My favorite quilt, Scottish Plaid, seemed like a lot of work with all that strip piecing and I wasn't up to it.  Quiltmaker July/August '11 has a plaid quilt, too.  I was tempted once again.

I'm beginning to think that it would be nice if magazines started making EQ7 files available for patterns.....  I took the Quiltmaker quilt and drafted the block so I could audition the color scheme we wanted.  I kept shifting fabrics around and made Caroline help me until it looked like she wanted it.  We decided to add the grey.  The version above is what we settled on.  We haven't figured out the buffalo or the lettering, but we can wait on that.  I'll make the plaid blocks and leave that section open until we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment