Tuesday, August 10

C started high school today with the first two days being more of an Orientation.  Freshman.  I have mixed emotions about it.  I'm very happy for her.  I'm nervous as hell.  I trust her....implicitly...okay, mostly....  (I try not to think about the girl she knows that is her class that is pregnant.  Then again, the rumor is, that this girl has little supervision and that her boyfriend has sleepovers....)  She wants to be a cheerleader..... gah!  I really believe that she will continue to be a good student, a good citizen, and treasure to us.  I am wondering about her goals for continuing her education and her future--she hasn't been too forthcoming. 

Yes, it's just me worrying about everything again.

We haven't been up to much else than finishing out our summer with a wimper.
I've been working on a couple of things for the Coven.  I know it's all in futulity, but I'm having "fun" fooling myself.

I'm looking for opinions on this block.  It's for "Legends" from Eclipse.  Bella learns of the Quileute legends in Eclipse.  The wolves, 3rd wife, Cold Ones, etc.  I got fixated on a wolf in flames and a knife.  I think my interpretation is my least favorite so far, but I think it's at least better than....well, you know....

I drafted a pattern in EQ5 for the knife from an actual Native American knife photo I found online.  The wolf in flames is from another graphic image I found.  I printed the image on wash-away foundtion paper and did used the Upside Applique method again--I actually sewed on the lines of the image on the back of the block and then cut the fabric away close to the stitched line on the front.

Please give me your honest opinions even if you think it's crap.  I promise to behave....  Specifically, should I include the "vampire" eyes in fabric using the same method as the wolf in the lower left corner?  Think red eyes.  Or, does anyone have any other suggestions?  Also, what about the wolf eyes.....too WHITE?  Should I make them grey, too, or another color like red?





No comments:

Post a Comment