Monday, August 2

More Adventures with Free Motion Quilting

It's a Shannon thing.

I've always known that my success with free motion quilting would be all about my ability to let go.  My ability to experiment and not be too fussy with my results.

My ability to be just good enough in the beginning to want to practice more and my ability to be just good enough for as long as it will be....maybe forever.

To understand that quilting will always be a challenging thing.  Basting a quilt with safety pins or basting spray isn't fun, but it has to be done.  My sewing space isn't very accomodating.  I'm not very artistic and I can't draw worth a darn.  Quilt doodling is still drawing of a sort.

To work with the tools I have.....

The ability to be okay that my quilting will never be like the results I would get from a computerized longarm job.

To love the CHARM of my quilting.

All this is a lot to ask of myself.

I'm not discounting that one needs the right tools to machine quilt or to at least ease the struggle.  Quilting can be done on any old machine and without any of the specialty quilting tools available these days, but those tools make free motion quilting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment