Thursday, August 26

Promise Not to Laugh

I haven't made an Eclipse Quilt block in awhile and I know I need to get busy.  I some how got fixated on doing the blocks in order (a mental thing for me.....) so I've been stumped about the Newborn Army block.  I got it in my head that I needed to make it with an "army" theme and that I should incorporate camouflage fabric, nevermind that I don't even have any of the other elements figured out yet....  It's probably going to be another whimsical type of block that everyone goes, "Huh?!" and I have to explain like the boxing glove block for Punch a Werewolf in the Face.  I have reasons for doing this--people are hard for me to make in these sized blocks, I don't want to do any more silhouettes because of overkill, I need some funny in my life, and I'm stumped creatively to come up with anything else.  (No one has given me any other ideas except for Z--an overturned car and newborns--hint, hint, hint)

The irony of my situation is that with all the fabric I have (and I've been discussing), I don't have any camo fabric.

Yeah, but you promised NOT to laugh.

I went to two quilt shops--really just to visit--and the new JoAnns and couldn't find any.....

One of the quilt shops I visited was Great American Quilt Factory.....  For you shop hoppers, you know who you are, feel free to comment.  I was disturbed by how depleted their fabric stock looked.  There were only like 10 purples to choose from.  Their batik wall looked anemic.  The shelves just looked empty......  Have you heard anything about this store?!  I would have liked to buy some of the glow in the dark fabric, but with fabric at $10.29/yd I couldn't justify another stash fabric.  Any ideas on how to use glow in the dark fabric in the Eclipse Quilt?

Anywho....it looks like I'm going to have to order some camo fabric online.

1 comment:

  1. the only camo fabric i have is about 5 or 6 yards of pink Barbie flannel - i don't think that will work for you ... i dunno about GAQF - but Tomorrow's Heirlooms is closing - it was an absolute zoo the first day of the closing sale and we stood in line for HOURS to save 10% ... crazy

    maybe GAQF is waiting for fall market - or the shop hop wiped them out?

    ReplyDelete