Friday, February 18

Appreciation

I'm now officially 41.  I never been one to lie about my age, but I feel like I need to start.  I don't like that I'm over 40 now.  I'm not embracing my maturity.

I'm tired of being such a b*%#h.  Sometimes it's fun, but it's getting old being one 24/7.

I'm so busy being mad at people that don't want to be friends with me that I don't appreciate the ones I have, including my mom and my husband.  (Yes, these people are my friends.)  I'm so wrapped up in all my issues and perpetuating them that I ignore the good people that I have in my life.....

In  no particular order.....

1) My mom who makes a special effort every year to make sure we celebrate my birthday even when I don't want to.  She makes sure I get my King Soopers white whippy frosting cake without any unnecessary decorations that I would just scrape off anyway.  She fixes my special birthday dinner which is very labor intensive.  This is just the tip of the iceberg as she helps me out everyday....  I can't tell you how many times she's bailed me out!

2) My friend Peg of 10 years who always sends me an online card.  We don't talk much anymore because I haven't made the effort, but she never fails to respond when I send out an S.O.S.

3) Elizabeth who visits my blogs and almost always leaves a comment.  I don't feel so alone in my crazyness and that's all I need to stop me from going over the edge never to return.  We only met in person a couple of times, but I think we share a real bond.  I owe her big time and it shames me that I haven't held up my end of the bargain.

4) Dianne who keeps me in stitches (and Melissa, too.)  She is one of the most thoughtful people I know.  For instance, I received a wonderful care package yesterday with Twilight items and CADBURY EGGS!  I think one of the definitions of friendship is when another person recognizes your obsessions, never makes you feel silly or guilty for them, and even FEEDS them....

5) My husband.  Despite everything he loves me.....

I appreciate you ALL!  I will try to show it more!

1 comment:

  1. if your worst obsession is Cadbury Eggs, then you are doin' all right, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete