Saturday, February 12

Creeping Crud

The creeping crud has infected my body.  M was sick last week.  C and I are sick now.  It's a good thing I took the day off yesterday because I would have been home sick anyway.

M scheduled a bunch of errands today so instead of me feeling sorrry for myself in bed, I have to get up and take the kids to swimming lessons.  I wanted to slap him when he told me that the warm, moist, and chlorinated air would probably do me some good.

The owl quilt still isn't finished.  The binding is waiting for me to hand sew it onto the back.  I don't even have the energry for that.

I'm also preparing myself for the big b'day week of pondering my existance.  My birthday is next Thursday.  Family is coming over on Sunday for homemade egg rolls and cake.  I tried to talk them out of it.  I'm at the point where I'd rather not have anyone over because its such a production, but my birthday now means more to other people than it does for me and I'm seen as even more of a bitch if I don't want to celebrate.

This doesn't mean I still don't like gifts.  I'm hoping the replacement crock pot  (somehow my crock ended up cracked) and new frying pan that M brought home last night really aren't my b'day gifts from him....

I know what I won't be getting this year.  A gift certificate from Great American Quilt Factory.  I've been dying to check out the going into retirement out of business sale, but I can't.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well! We all had that nastiness in December. I hope you are feeling better by your birthday. I fell the same as you. I would rather go out to eat with just the hubby for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete