Saturday, February 19

Embrace the Chaos

One of my favorite actresses, Amy Adams, was asked in a recent interview how she was managing motherhood and her busy career.  (I never really take anything famous people say seriously because how real can their situations really be as compared to people like me.)  I did take something she said to heart, though.  She said she had received some great advice from Annette Bening:  embrace the chaos.

I've been trying to do this and have been trying to get in this mindset.  It's helping me a little.  I'm the type that frets over everything that is wrong or that I'd like to change to the point where I start procrastinating and becoming paralyzed with inactivity.

I never thought I could do it all.  I just wanted to be able to do more.  I'm trying not to expect so much out of myself and my family.  I don't think it's the best way to go because I can see that nothing is really getting done and the kids aren't learning how to be solid citizens, but the other ways weren't working either.

I still have a ton of anxiety about just about everything, but I have anxiety whether things are going well or utter crap.

I'm very curious at how things will turn out!

1 comment:

  1. i've heard of embracing the PAIN - but the follow up sentence is, "and then Let It Go"

    i think that's the hardest part of the whole process - letting it go

    when i was living through a very rough time, my mom gave me a (Mary Engelbreit) figurine with the motto "move ahead ... move along" and i thought it was an impossibility ... but now i know they are words to live by ... i'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete