Saturday, February 19

By Any Other Name

Par for the course.....

We had a bit of a birthday celebration tonight.  C is at her Winterfest dance.  M wanted to take us out to dinner, but I didn't feel like it and asked to save it for another time.  S wanted steak so I ended up cooking dinner.  We had steak that I cooked under the broiler since the grill isn't up and running at this time of year, baked potatoes loaded up with all the good stuff like bacon and cheese, and grilled asparagus.

Here's the bad news.  M ordered my cake a couple of days ago and picked it up this afternoon.  White cake, whippy frosting, etc from Kings.  He didn't notice that the cake was wrong and neither did I until we cut into it.  The cake had buttercream frosting on it!  We looked at the order form and he ordered it right, but the bakery idiots either didn't follow instructions or forgot to make it and gave him that cake instead.  I think the latter is what happened as I looked at the box and it had a tag on it like a cake would have that was premade and ready for those that need a cake at the last minute and a name can be added to order.

I'm not surprised as stuff like this always happens to me.....  Wrong cake, wrong food order, etc.  I was disappointed.

M took the cake back even though I didn't ask him to.  He was pissed.  The clerk couldn't understand why he returned the cake and what he wanted?!  "We can't refrost it...."  "No, $*#%!  Give me my money back.  You ruined my wife's birthday.  This is not what I ordered."  I guess I don't get a cake this year because he didn't reorder it.

Onward


I've not talked about music in ages....  I'm still listening.  I hadn't listened or attended to my Ipod in ages, but a couple of weeks ago I pulled it out.  I reviewed my playlists, took out some songs, and added some new songs.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


I can usually tell the first time I hear a song whether or not I like it or hate it.  I also become attached to certain artists because I really get attached to their voices.  I took in a bit of the Grammy's.  I was thrilled to catch Rhianna and Eminem first and then him and Dr. Dre with a female singer.  I was very taken with her voice!  I thought I recognized it.  Thank goodness for the Internet because I found out who it was immediately.

It was Holly Brook, but she had changed her name to Skylar Grey.

I think I'll just change my name.  I won't have to do anything official.  I can actually just change my blog name whenever I want.

I do have a quilting thing to talk about.  What the hell is up with mug rugs?!  LMAO  Mug rugs are the new????  Everywhere I go...  I made a mug rug.  Look at my mug rug.  I made a mug rug but I can't bear to use it.  Let's have a mug rug swap.  Here's my mug rug tutorial.  It reminds me of candle mats of a few years ago.  It's freakin' quilted coaster, people....

I occasionally check in on a blog called Things I want to Punch in the Face.  (I particularly like this entry.)  I think there are a few quilting things that could be featured.

1 comment:

  1. i was actually HAPPY to see Cadbury eggs cuz i KNEW that there was SOMEONE out there who didn't get any from Santa, even though she asked nicely ... ha ha ha!!!

    as for mug rugs - it's the new term for Coasters With A Purpose ... now imagine saying the accompanying acronym with a Tweety Bird accent (and never mind the fact that coasters have ALWAYS served a purpose)

    ReplyDelete