Tuesday, February 8

Quilted

I finished quilting the quilt tonight.  I just wanted to finish it so I didn't bother trying to do anything other than more meander on the outside border.

S wasn't understanding what I meant by binding.  I had to show her.  She kept asking me what fabric I was going to use.  I'm pretty sure that was a hint she wants to pick it out.  I'm going to give her some choices tomorrow.

I'm going to try this tutorial from Flourishing Palms to place the binding.

If I take this quilt in for show and tell, I will get 10% off of my purchase at Wooden Spools.  I used a bit of fabric purchased there in the quilt-- the brown for the owls and one of the greens for the leaves.  I also purchased the batting there--a very nice 80-20 sold from a floor stand roll which I loved because packaged batting is always so squashed and wrinkled.

I could get this finished by the weekend!

It sucks that its only Tuesday and very cold.  I'm taking Friday off, though, because the kids are off so I should stop whining....  Not much doing since I'm broke until next Tuesday.  Paying off my outstanding obligations really sucks, too.  I thought I was broke before....  We'll just stick close to home.  I have the weekend to look forward to because we're supposed to get out of our deep freeze and hit 50s.

M got us passes for the Rec Center this week.  I'm supposed to start walking.  He took the C and Z Monday morning before school to work out.  They all came home tired and sore.  They liked the hot showers there since only one person really gets a hot shower at home.  I guess this is the year we're all going to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment