Sunday, February 27

Get that Dog a Quilt...


Ginger, the diabetic cake eating dog, is skinny as rails and has no body fat.  She frequently snuggles under, on top of, or up to anyone and anything she can.  I took the sofa cover off today to wash it with her inside.  She wouldn't get out and I felt bad when I had to make her move so I got a replacement blanket to cover her up with.  I think she needs her own quilt....


I would be almost done with this quilt and met the deadline, but I decided to add borders.  I went for blocks since I didn't want to piece fabric strips because I don't like how that looks and I didn't have enough of the purple paisley left to not have to piece.  I don't want to spend any more money on this quilt except for the batting so I'm making do.  I really wanted to add a small border of a fabric and then add the border of blocks, but that would have made the border block sizes and the MATH way too interesting.  The border blocks are Bow Tie blocks.

Sarah still likes it and C, too, but I'll keep my comments to myself.  (I see a possible fight brewing.)  Those that are thinking what was she thinking with those fabric choices and the pattern choice.... are probably right.

1 comment:

  1. i think it is lovely - but i really like purple, so i might be biased - and the bowtie border is waaay cool!

    ReplyDelete