Monday, February 21

Pizza Wars

I seem to have a lot to say lately......  It's a good thing for me to write.  A lot can happen in just one day.

And, you thought you were done hearing about cake.

M did replace my cake.  He went to another King Soopers.  What is it about bakers?  The past couple of years I have tried to get what I want after years of birthday cakes with frosting that I scrape off so I figure why not just get a plainish cake.  I like white cake with whippy frosting.  That's it!!!!  No decorations, colored icing, candy, sprinkles, roses....NOTHING.  When my mom ordered my cake last year, the bakery person did everything they could to talk her into putting something, anything, on the cake.  My mom won to the baker's chagrin.  M tried to do the same thing and ended up first with a cake with the wrong kind of frosting.  The second time he ended up with a cake that had been airbrushed with pink stuff, candy, balloons, and purple edging frosting.  Oh, well!



I had to lop the edge of the cake off this afternoon because after having a bit of a snack, I didn't push the box back far enough and hide it behind something so Ginger helped herself to it.  I won't be eating any more off that side and am reserving it for M.

I offered to fix dinner last night, but no one was interested in the chicken I was going to cook.  M offered to splurge on pizza.  Easy, right?  OF COURSE NOT!  All of the kids like different pizza..... and just about refuse to eat certain kinds or eat with complaint.  I'll eat any kind if it means I don't have to cook and there is a deal.  Last time we ordered, C got her way with Papa Johns.  We always do carryout so as not to wait for delivery and save on tips.  Our Supreme pizza went flying in his truck and was almost inedible when he got it home.  Papa Johns is also farther down Broadway so the pizza is never hot when he gets it home.  Z has been wanting Pizza Hut.  This is my least favorite type.  M took forever to get home.  We ordered three large and M came home with six mediums because they were out of large dough and mushrooms.

The pizza was pretty icky.  I don't think our pizza cooked long enough as the dough was gummy.  No one was happy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just all like the same pizza and get good pizza without going bankrupt?  We had over three pizzas left, but the kids ate some today.  They'll eat anything eventually if they get hungry enough.

I worked some more on the purple quilt.  I have a week to finish it.  Maybe it will get done.  I'm too lazy to piece the blocks as recommended even with the shortcuts for piecing the snowballs, etc so I'm paper piecing them.  I have the extra step of cutting the blocks after sewing and more fabric waste, but I think I'm quicker as I don't have to cut all the little squares, draw the diagonal lines, and sew accurately.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new blog look! Sorry about the birthday cake disaster- but Happy Birthday! (Late!) The purple quilt looks really good! Can't wait to see it all pieced together....

    ReplyDelete