Saturday, September 11

Deadline or......No

How easy it was for me to get out of the habit of quilting.  I've got a couple of projects lined up, but I can't seem to get myself to jump into them.  I did practice some free motion last night, but that's about it.  (The Magic Genie Bobbin Washers do not like the other machine.  I haven't tried them in the Pfaff yet.)  I want to be able to master "writing" on fabric now because I saw the coolest project yesterday at the quilt shop that I want to try.

I'm pondering setting an official deadline for finishing the Eclipse Quilt.  What are deadlines to me?  Deadlines pretty much mean nothing.  I procrastinate up to them and then sometimes ignore them to be late finishing figuring everyone will just accomodate me.

Why bother, then?  Well....I never seem to give up trying on some things.  This project is dangerously close to becoming one of my infamous UFOs.  I've been thinking for weeks about the next block and I can't seem to get my butt in gear.  My latest idea is to try thread painting to make Riley and a few other members of the Newborn Army on the camo fabric I was gifted.  I've been looking through books, magazines, and at tutorials for the past couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment