Sunday, September 19

Perfect Example

shhhhh....  I had to wait until M left to write this post and for the Internet to be back up at my house.

Get ready!

Today is a perfect example of the difference between M and I, illustrates my frustration, and just makes me want to jump up and down like a two-year old for the second time this week.

My dryer stopped working efficiently yesterday.  It still runs and dries things, but it takes at least twice as long for things to get dry.

There's always more to my story, though.

For instance, M didn't realize there was a problem yesterday while I was gone at Z's game, etc.  C didn't tell him that she used three cycles to get her clothes dry.  (The fact that she was actually doing her laundry at all was a minor miracle.  I had to warn her that she was not to make any plans for the weekend other than laundry since she's been such a party girl slacker for the past two months.)

How did WE come to find out about the problem?  Well, I had to have a freak out about the fact that only one load of laundry got done.

It gets better, of course.....

There was NO way I was going to be out of a dryer for any length of time!  I prodded M last night when I got home to promise that he would FIX it today.  (He promised to LOOK at it, but I was going to be sure sore if it didn't get FIXED.)

I took C out this morning for mother-daughter time at Einsteins.  We've been having issues....  I had also heard that she was having boy troubles from S.  She wanted to shop at Kohl's for her Homecoming dress.  We had a nice morning.  She also got her first pair of high heels--I talked her into them.

When we got home, M was gone.  I was happy because I was SURE he was out getting a part for the dryer.  Turns out he was at Microcenter buying a new wireless router.  *^%$  we NEEDED (he needed to speed up his connection for COMPUTER GAME---I swear because I haven't NOTICED any difference in our speed.)

Great.  Wonderful.  NO problem.  Forget the fact that I just spent $100 dollars on C for dress, etc.  (I couldn't really let on that I had bought a couple of quilt books, now could I?!)  I'll just told him that I hope he saved some money for her mani-pedi and up-do.  He looked back at me with glazed eyes.....

What I'm MOST annoyed at is the fact that he spent from 11:30 until 4:45 trying to get the %$^&*#@ thing to work.  He's now at the park with C for soccer practice.  My dryer NEVER got looked at and so it's still drying slow.

Is it a manner of a difference of priorities.  I should only hope so.  I mustn't be anything else.  I don't SUSPECT at all that he did this on purpose!

To ME, laundry is important....  I guess it's lower on the list of M's priorities.

2 comments:

  1. maybe laundry isn't important to him because he always has clean underwear, socks, and clothes to wear - you can fix that, you know ... i'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Dianne! Let him wear soggy drawers for a few days- he'll take a look at it!

    ReplyDelete