Wednesday, September 1

Quilting: Be All That You Can Be!

I've done more thinking about quilting than the actually doing of it in the past month.  I put myself in a situation getting the T-shirt quilted so I could finish it, but I've let it sit for a couple of weeks because I'm not ready to be daring yet and try that new caterpillar binding.  I'm pretty aggravated with myself.  I've cleaned up my supplies and I feel better for it but even that process has gotten me to reflect on purchases, projects, and who I am as a quilter and my future.

As is my modus operandi, I work myself up into a tizzy and then sit back and take stock of things.

I've done a lot of blog hopping recently and I've seen some amazing work out there and it's made me ask myself,  "Am I the quilter I want to be and COULD be?"

How anyone else chooses to quilt is their business!  I just know that I'm not who I want to be as a quilter.  I want to take better care.  I want to try new techniques.  I want to finish more things--but, I'm not putting myself in a race.

Quilting will never be more than a hobby for me.  I don't have the stamina, patience, or training to have it be more than that.  But, even as a hobby quilter, I know I could be so much more.  It's like when I was talking about the quilting thing.  It's that I don't spend enough time on my projects.  I'm usually in a rush to finish something.

Even though I'm not in a race, I feel like I've been jogging in place for a long time as far as the type of projects I work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment