Friday, September 10

Happy Anniversary

M and I have been married 16 years today.  I asked the day off over a month ago thinking M and I could take the day off together.  M is working today.  I am off.  Par for the course....

I've always been jealous of SAHMs.  I'll admit it!  I could have been a SAHM if I'd have planned better.  Today I feel like a SAHM.  I dropped the kiddos off at school.  I calmly and leisurely went to Einstein bagels and Starbucks for breakfast.  (yay....Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back!!!!)  I went to the grocery store to get dinner next.  BOGO rump roast on sale.  Roast is cooking in the Crockpot right now.  After prepping dinner, I started some laundry and got the dishwasher going after loading it.  Checked the blogs and the 'Net a bit....

I held off as long as I could resisting the GAQF Fall Sale.  I kept telling myself I didn't need anything, other than inspiration, but I gave in and made a trip up there.  I won't say how much I spent, but I got some items I've been wanting.  Machingers, Templar template sheets because I am going to APPLIQUE with help of Erin Russek, and Serendipity Quilts.  (Which, if I'd been thinking, I'd have bought at Amazon or at Connecting Threads to take advantage of free shipping and also buying that fabric I've been lusing after).

I'd been wanting to try Cafe 180.  It's a community kitchen.  (Check this site to see if their is one in your neck of the woods.)  It's been open for about a month, but because it's only open for lunch I've not been able to go.  The food was excellent!!!!!!!!  I had the most amazing pizza and salad--VERY GOURMET--for a $5 donation.  I probably should have paid more.  I totally love the concept and I hope the restaurant survives.  If you're in town, please check it out AND, better yet, invite me to go with....

Off to more SAHM stuff.

1 comment:

  1. i am a SAHG - and, believe me, it isn't Starbucks and Einstein Brothers with dinner in the crockpot and the laundry and dishes caught up ... it is, more often than not, a grueling eleven hour day till the kids finally all leave and i can be an adult till it's time to sleep - and then start it all again ... my saving grace is that it isn't 24/7

    anywho - happy wedding anniversary - even though M had to work (which meant that you DID get to have some leisure time - that probably wouldn't have happened if you had shared the day together)!!!

    ReplyDelete