Thursday, September 9

It Gets Better

I came home from two soccer practices to find dog poop on the floor and M watching a 10 year + CU/Nebraska football game like it was a live game.  Now I like football as much as the rest of you, but give me a break.  Nothing like trying to relive the glory days by watching CU kick Nebraska's butt old school.  You would have been so proud of me.  I looked the other way, but picked up the mess without bitching.  Fixed our 8:00 p.m dinner without any help.  Loaded the dishwasher in a trance.  Retreated to my room to read a really bad romance, but the sex was good.

I've been trying to find a project to work on.  In making the rounds, I've found some intriguing Quilt-Alongs.  One of them is a quilt-as-you-go project using this tutorial.  I've always wanted to try this technique.  I'm seriously thinking about at this point because I think the project would provide the perfect opportunity for me to practice the free-motion patterns I've been reading at 365 Days......  I also need a no-fuss quilt to take to soccer games.

I've also made some strides.  I officially removed a certain someone's blog off my reading list.  I haven't visited the forum in over a week.  Baby steps.....

On that note, I haven't given up on the Twilight Book Cover pattern.  I want my hands to have more detail than what is possible with the available pattern.  I know it can be done along the same lines as the Silver Linings Original patterns I've been using.  I am so close to figuring this out!  I found some freeware on another blog that I downloaded and have been monkeying around with:  Gimp and PosteRazor.  I've been able to print the hand in a much larger size and have been working to section the printed photo out into a paper piecing pattern.  Wish me luck!


So far I've used my white quilting marking pencil and done some test sectioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment