Monday, August 1

And Then You Go and Do Something Nice...

My sewing machine pedal has been acting up and with 48 more block parts to go, I was freaking out a bit a bunch.  48 more block parts and 24 blocks to assemble....gah!

My sewing machine is old.  I toy with the idea of replacing it when I have money again, but then I ask myself Why?  I love my Pfaff.  I would just end up getting another Pfaff and probably a lesser model.  I've not taken very good care of it.  It's never been serviced.  M has fixed the cords a couple of time when dogs have chewed them.  I've replaced the power card for the same reason.  I can still wind bobbins, but I have to watch it and stop it from winding when it gets too full because a little piece is broken.  I don't oil it enough.....

Saturday night I was trying to sew.  I had to jimmy the foot pedal after every block and I was getting frustrated so I started stomping on it.  Temper!  M took it from me to try and fix it.  It was touch and go for awhile, especially after a tiny piece fell on the floor and was lost for awhile.  I started hyper-ventilating because I'm right in the middle of a project.

He's a genius, though, and fixed it.

It's moments like those when I think about....things.  We can both be real poop heads to each other sometimes, but we still try and do nice things for each other every once and awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment