Monday, August 8

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I was standing at my sink at 2 am last night doing dishes.....when a mouse ran from one side of my kitchen counter along the space between the sink and the window to back behind my microwave and I assume into my stove.  Right in front of me!  I think I must have scared it out of its hiding place by being awake at that hour and running the disposal.  I let out a scream and M got up off the couch where he was sleeping to investigate.  He turned on the oven and we think the mouse ran out along the baseboard and into the space between the dishwasher and the under the sink cupboard.

Ick!

I hate mice in my kitchen.  It grosses me out!  We keep everything really clean and my counters clear as to not to invite any pests, but we still get an occasional uninvited guest.  The cat usually gets them before they get into the house.  She's not too good at catching them inside.

I can only imagine that it didn't expect anyone to be up at that hour and came out to look for food, thinking the coast was clear.

It's hard to put a peanut butter baited trap down on the floor because the dogs always find it and set it off before having a chance to catch the mouse.

One more instance that I wish I had a door on my kitchen or no dogs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment