Thursday, August 11

It's in the Bag

Aunt Flo is visiting this week my house this week for all the girls.  S started the other day.  She's only 10!  She's not ready.....  I'm not ready.....  Granted, we're not talking a rushing river, but we are talking a bout of major emotions!  She was very weepy last night over the whole experience and the other changes she's experiencing.  We knew it was coming--maybe not this soon as C didn't start until she was 14--and have talked, but it's not real until it happens.  I tried to be as supportive as I could be and I challenged C to be the best big sis there is because of the fragility.

I'm not feeling all that well myself.  My associated anxiety that I always experience at this time of the month has hit once again.  Paired with the fact that payday is still days away and I'm a basket case.  Oh, and I can't wait to see the quilting on the CU Boyfriend quilt and am praying that the quilter can work a miracle and get it back to me....like tomorrow.

I put on a positive face and lied through my teeth put a positive spin on things during our little pep talk.

There's a pill for that.  (I wish.  I haven't found a really good one.)

You may feel like crap, but activity is the best way to chase the pain away.  (Sure, there are days when you just want to lie in bed for one reason or another.)

It's no big thing to deal with at school.

S has insisted that I make her a bag for school.  I just wanted to buy her a backpack, but NO!  I've decided to go ahead because it may be the pick me up she needs.  I have a couple of free patterns bookmarked but, of course, I'm thinking of modifying them for size, handles, and technique.

I know I'll regret it.  I'll be telling MYSELF, I told you so!  On the other hand, I keep insisting that I'm an experienced enough sewer to be able to do it, right?  I am going to put something down on paper first and try to be organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment