Wednesday, August 31

A Good Book

I've been desperate to find a good book to read.  I've given up on a couple of books of late because they didn't hold my attention.  The writing was pretty awful.  I don't blame the writer as much as I do the publishing companies and the editors.  The stories were original, but the plot development, character development, and dialogue had major problems in both books.

I'd probably have the same issues if I ever wrote anything for real, but I would hope that an editor would reign me in and make my book this side of awesome....

I'm reading a pretty good book now called Hourglass.  I think I'll be able to finish it.  It really just okay.  It's a YA novel.  I'm not in love with the characters as they seem just a bit too smart and mature, but the story is very original.

In my trolling Twilight sights for Breaking Dawn news, breakingdawnmovie.org helped me find this book.  I've read the excerpt and I'm hooked.  From only a few pages, I'm enthralled.  Wow!  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  I've asked M to reserve it for me at the library, but I might have to snag a copy for my very own.


No comments:

Post a Comment