Wednesday, August 3

Oh, What a Savings!

Since I can't give up certain things, I just have to find cheaper things or way to do things.

I have to have my breakfast in the morning.  I can't get going in the morning unless I have a McD's $1 Sausage Burrito and Vanilla Iced Coffee or Vanilla Latte, but at $3++ a day, I've had to figure out alternatives.  (It's not only an eating thing, but a mental health thing!)  I've taken to making my version of the Iced Coffee at home and then stopping by and getting my $1 burrito on the way to work.  (I could make these at home, too, but I'm just not there yet.)  I've had to work with my recipe, but I've figured it out enough to be satisfied.  M's Keurig makes things easier and I've figured out which setting to use to make the coffee strong enough since it gets watered down by the ice.  (It's the only coffee maker we have so I know those K Cups are more expensive per serving, but at least we can get them at CostCo.)  I use Half and Half and I've found that for cheap using WalMart's brand.  I'll be looking for cheaper syrup options, maybe even making my own, but for now I'm working on a bottle of Torani Vanilla Syrup because I found that at WalMart, too.  I stole S's Starbucks cup with straw and have been using that.  (I love it because it's double layered and doesn't sweat.)

The only thing is that I feel the need to fill the cup up and I'm drinking more coffee per day if I would buy because I usually only got the Medium.

I'll be making a poor woman's latte when the weather turns cooler......

I figure I'm saving a $1+ a day which will add up, right?

I'm making progress....  I used to be a Starbuck's girl, having to get a latte and pastry there every morning at $5.50 a pop years ago.

How do you save money without giving something up entirely?

No comments:

Post a Comment