Tuesday, August 9

Comedy of Errors

I've made my last quilt......JUST KIDDING!

I'm almost done with the CU Boyfriend Quilt.  I can't finish it soon enough.  With the amount of mistakes I've made, unsewing, and resewing....I could have made two quilts by now.

WHY o WHY can't I be more organized?

I started with a bit of a plan.  I drafted the quilt in EQ7, but I strayed from the design for some reason trying to make the quilt bigger.  However, I bought fabric based upon the design so I ended up going back to original width but adding an extra row in length.  The two rows I had added two extra blocks to had to be taken apart which created more problems.....

I didn't have a pressing plan in the beginning.  I did one after piecing the first row where it didn't matter, but it still wasn't right and I also got confused by sewing the block parts together in the wrong order.

We added the diamond blocks, but I printed the patterns the wrong size....and pieced them.  This error was a result of me not wanting to spend the money to print the patterns the full size at Kinkos.

I have one more row to piece and the darn buffalo to make which I have to fudge because I screwed up the diamonds.

With all this how does the quilt look?  Not bad except for the thread mess of fraying blocks on the back.  All those seams of the plaid pattern intersected!!!!

Have I learned my lesson?  Probably not.....

Why do I quilt again?

We didn't buy fabric for the back.  I don't have much yardage in my stash except for black with white polka dots or spiders on silver webs.  I don't have time to piece a back at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment