Tuesday, February 16

I Can't Sew Fast Enough

Well, really, I can't cut fast enough. Cutting fabric isn't my favorite thing to do. I need a sous quilter. I still vow to get the Log Cabin quilt top together by the end of this week so I can buy border fabric.

So, I keep sewing away on the Log Cabin blocks. I still haven't managed to get up to the quilt shop to get the fabric I'm short of. I hope to get there tomorrow and I might as well since it's my birthday and they honor a birthday discount.

Yes, it's 11:30 m.s.t. and, while it's not quite my birthday in this time zone, I'm 40 somewhere. Ugh! 40.... I'm okay. 40 is just a state of mind. Only my body feels 40.

We don't have any plans to celebrate that I know of. M is taking the next three days off, but I have to work even my birthday. Figures! He mentioned taking me to lunch, but S is pretty sick with a cold so she'll be home with him tomorrow.

I got my nails done today, but not as a b'day gift. They were due. The tech tried to talk me into glitter acrylic last time and I would only agree to white with a little bit of glitter. I bowed to the pressure today and went full glitter. I don't like them and I'm kicking myself for one more time NOT speaking up for myself. I can understand if I was getting them done for a party like this, but not every day wear. I'm stuck with them for two weeks. I think they look tacky. I do have my eye on a red glitter acrylic. I would love to get them done with that when Eclipse comes out because I vow to find a party for that premier for sure!



Back to quilting............

I did sew tonight. We are trying to watch Angels and Demons one more time. M fell asleep almost as soon as he put it in last night. We were going to put it in as soon as we got the kids to bed, but we got involved in a couple of linked Criminal Minds episodes and so we didn't get it in until 10. M didn't even make it through the first 10 minutes before he was snoring. I watched the whole thing last night, but I was fuzzy on the beginning. I caught more tonight, but the movie is still confusing to me. I got in some sewing time which is the important thing. I like to sew while watching movies.

I have the last three strips to sew, but here's my progress with the last light fabric. I only got one of the blocks sewn with this strip so I could take a picture for the blog. I'll sew the rest of the blocks with this last light strip and then it's two more darks.

(Don't chat me up too much, but I'm wishing I'd interchanged the first two lights near the center in their placement. Oh, well!)


Yay, for pictures. My camera card is toast, but M's works great!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Shannon - i hope that you get a white cake with whippy frosting, just like you wanted!

    ReplyDelete