Thursday, February 25

Not a Good Idea

I promise this will pertain to my quilting!

Tension is once again the name of the game at my house. I was given a small reprieve for a couple of days last week probably because of my birthday. The kids are back to talking back and thinking that they can kill each other even in my presence. M is as M does.....

I needed a favor yesterday. To my way of thinking, the response I was looking for was "How can I help?" not 1) roll eyes 2) sigh 3) "It depends on where it is"

I immediately became annoyed. I was pretty sure I knew based upon my memory of the address that it was close to M's work. (I'm too much of a chicken to drive downtown and I didn't want to spend the money to park for five minutes even if I'd have talked myself into braving the drive.) I didn't know the exact address but I knew it was on 17th St and M's home building is on 17th St. I also knew that the place I needed him to go pick the something up at was downtown and not in BFE.

My answer to #3 above was "I'm pretty sure it's on 17th and I only need you to run in an pick a packet of paperwork up for me."

M, "You don't know the exact address?! It makes a big difference, you know. 17th runs all the way into Aurora."

By now, I'M annoyed. I told him just to forget it!!!!!!!!!!!! I would figure it out on my own. He tried to smoothe things over, but I wasn't having any of it.


I would have liked to say:

"Pretend I'm your daughter for a minute"

(He will do anything for her lately, including leaving earlier so he can take her to play practice, turn a blind eye to her attitude toward me and the talking back, and assorted other discretions.)

"Forget that you ate almost all of my birthday cake, including the last piece without asking me if I wanted any of it."

I didn't say any of these things or any of the other things that ran through my head. I shut up and shut down.

I left work at 1:00 and parked at a Light Rail station and took a train back into the city. $4. I ran my errand and then caught a train at a station across from his building home. This amounted to two hours out of my day that I will not get paid for and plus I left work undone.

It would have cost him 15 minutes at the most since the building was one block down from his.

I got home in time to take Z to his ortho appointment. I came home to C doing the dishes. Her greeting? "Your welcome...." Me? "Your welcome for what?" C? "You should be thanking me for loading the dishwasher. What is your problem?" Me? "You're my problem." C? "Well, you should just get over it."

I ignored her for the rest of the afternoon.

M had a late meeting. I got pizza for the kids. I didn't eat enough because he had a couple of slices to eat. Then again, he would have expected me to make him dinner.

I finished watching The Jane Austen Book Club movie on Lifetime and then went to bed wishing I had friends like the women in the movie.

Oh, I did....but I ran them all off.

Here's the quilting:

I made two more Log Cabin blocks and got two more ready. I would have gotten more done, but all this bad blood is interfering with my MOJO.

1 comment:

  1. i used to say that i never wanted my children to leave home - i used to say that my (oldest) daughter was the only person in the world who would love me no matter what - i used to say that my children were my favorite people in the whole wide world ... and then Spirit gave me their teen years......

    ReplyDelete