Saturday, February 27

I'll Watch Anything

I'll watch anything if it means I get to sew.

We hit the Redbox last night and rented three movies. We didn't have a lot to choose from since most of the good stuff was out. We took out three movies.

Z decided on Land of the Lost. I don't mean to offend anyone that likes that movie, but I couldn't believe how stupid it was. Z thought it was funny so I'm sure the movie was made for the 11-13 old male in mind. M thought it was okay for the sake of notstalgia.

We got a late start watching it because we had to catch up by watching this week's Burn Notice episode On-Demand. I didn't get to watch the movie I rented for me because I was too tired by the time Land of the Lost was done.

I didn't care what was on television because with them watching the movie I could sew without feeling guilty. I have five more Log Cabin blocks to finish after last night. I took a trip to GAQF to get the fabric I'm short of while I was out getting my coffee this morning. They opened the shop early just for me. Probably not, but it was open at 9:40 when I got there instead of it's posted 10. I gave up on makin it to Holly's for more charm packs for the siggie squares and purchased some Chez Moi instead.

I'd like to make a quilt with this line!

I'm also toying with an idea of making a quilt for my church's silent auction in the spring. The entire way the youth group is run in this church is another negative in my life so I'm not sure. How could that be?! I have honestly tried to help with fundraising ideas, but I'm constantly rebuffed. The old guard at church is very set in their ways.

M is taking S and Z to the youth group function tonight. They are going to the discount movie theater. He wanted to go. I'm letting him since they didn't decide to go see New Moon. I think they're going to see Planet 51 or The Spy Next Door. I'm not that upset because it will mean sewing time for me.

I think we'll be out a lot tomorrow. A's Blue and Gold Dinner is tomorrow. Oh, yeah I was just reminded of that today. I'm supposed to make an international dish that my kid will eat. oooooooooooooooo-kay............ It's movie night at church tomorrow night. We're watching a movie about Esther. S really wants to go because she wants to dress up as a princess and I guess the audience is supposed to be interactive with the movie, sort like Rocky Horror Picture Show. Booing and hissing when the bad character is on screen, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment