Wednesday, February 3

Staying Motivated: Quilting, JUST DO IT

The ugly truth of my struggles lately is that I've had to force myself to quilt. I picked out projects that were supposed to inspire me and I am, but I've still had difficulty getting over the hump and actually sewing. Even shopping for new fabric didn't completely get me over since I had such difficulty finding what I needed, settling on my choices, and not being afraid that I wasn't making the right decisions. I've also questioned whether or not my quilts would have their place to rest since I continue to struggle in getting things done around the house because of my waning motivation and the family's utter lack of disregard for my goals.

So, the heck with it! Sometimes you've got to stop analyzing and just do it....

I've officially started sewing the Log Cabin Quilt.



I have 20 blocks to make for this quilt. I'm being very organized and efficient by sewing all 20 strip by strip instead of making them one block at at time. I don't have enough fabric for the next light so I will need to make a run up to the shop. I knew I should have bought at least a 1/2 yard, but for some reason on that trip to farthest quilt shop away from where I live, I was being frugal?!



This is the quilt I'm making.

2 comments:

  1. everytime i look at your picture of GAQF's quilt i think it is bargello instead of log cabin - i dunno what's wrong with my head ... anywho - your colors are beautiful!

    i've only made one log cabin - it is queen-sized but the squares were ... i dunno ... maybe 7" (?) and i had to make a gazillion of them - it was tedious cuz there were sooo many - i think i like the idea of 20 better!

    ReplyDelete