Sunday, February 28

Where Did it Go?!

It's Sunday night and I can't believe it! My weekend zoomed by....

We had a busy day. I slept in which I don't like to do because it's wasted time. I was behind today before I even got up.

I raced to Walmart this morning to reload my moneycard with my paycheck dated today. I bought myself another belated b'day gift of the Swifter Wet Jet. Sad to say, though, that I didn't get to try it out. I bought the girls some new sheets. I haven't managed to get anything else done for their room. We window shopped yesterday and they pointed out the sheets. Theirs are both so ratty that I went ahead and splurged this morning. C is still having a tug-o-war with her dad over her closet. He took the door off as planned months back and still hasn't got the stuff to fill in or cover the places where the hinges were. She's annoyed and so am I. I'm having such a difficult time getting him to do anything.

I told him that since the Log Cabin Quilt is almost done that we had to get going on our room so we would have a place to put it. He just rolled his eyes. I plan on getting my dresser cleaned off and cleaned out so he can get it out of there like he promised. I confirmed tonight that he will do it so I better get moving before he changes his mind.

I also bought a replacement crockpot today. I'm not much of a crockpotter despite some friends and my mom trying to get me to be. I mostly use the ones I've had to keep food warm at potlucks. I needed one today for the food I took to A's Blue and Gold Ceremony for his Boy Scout Pack. M decided he wanted me to make fried rice so I did. I also made some frozen potstickers and homemade eggrolls. I still haven't figured out how to roll them correctly and they looked horrible, but they tasted good! I put asparagus and chicken in them along with Chinese cabbage, shredded carrot, beansprouts, and onion. I have some wrappers left so I'm going to try to make some more. They're really not that tough to make, just time consuming.

The ceremony went longer than expected so I didn't get back up to the quilt shop like I wanted to. I'll have to head up there this week before I forget all the fabric I had picked out yesterday when I was window shopping.

Tonight was movie night at church. C, A, and I went. In honor of Purim, we watched One Night with the King. We didn't go to dinner since we'd had such a big lunch. The movie was good. There is something about a man wearing guy-liner. hahahahahahaha Luke Goss as King Xerxes was easy to look at. (I had to come and IMDB him and, who knew, but he's the same guy who played the baddie in Hellboy II and one of the main vamps in Blade II.)





The only knowledge I had of Esther's story was the Veggie Tales' version and I saw it so long ago. This version had a lot of intrigue and romance so I enjoyed it. Some biblical stories as produced for movie can be very dry and assume too much prior knowledge. I'd like to see the movie again because I missed a lot of the beginning because of audience noise, etc. We also had these silly noisemakers to spin when Haman was on screen which the kids used with glee.

It's 9:30 and I have so much left undone. I'm aching to call in sick tomorrow, but I won't. I don't want to let my boss down and have a poor start to my week.

1 comment: