Sunday, February 21

Take Two


A really good cake!

Cake #2 was so much better. The cake was moister and the frosting was more evenly distributed. Remember my complaints about cake #1 and the lack of frosting? The frosting got thicker as we worked out way to the middle of the cake. The cake was actually two sheets put together to make the 1/2 sheet. One side was taller than the other so the bakery evened out the cakes with frosting. The cake my mom bought for this celebration was from King Soopers, too, but from her store.

People might think I'm crazy, but this isn't the first instance where I've felt that I've gotten jipped on this side of town. I'm treated to better service and better selection on that side of town. M and I were talking about it and he agrees with me so may be I'm not crazy since he usually thinks I'm paranoid.

SO, anywho, the cake last night was awesome!

My mom had to assure the bakery that the cake was really what I wanted and my dad, too, when he picked it up. They thought it was strange that I wanted the cake as plain as it is. I figure why can't I have what I want? Sure the cake looks pretty and all with all the roses, but no one ever eats them. We all scrape them off before we eat our pieces. The baker kept trying to get my mom to let her add some candy, decorative frosting, or something that would cover the top of the cake. Too funny....

My mom's eggrolls were good. They are homemade. My mom makes the filling and my dad rolls them. I made stir-fry with fresh asparagus, chicken, water chesnuts, carrots, mandarin oranges, onion, and snow peas. There is a new product called Simply Asia Stir-Fry Sauce which is very tasty and convenient. I've used it twice now and I can highly recommend it. I found it at my grocery store. Everything tasted great! I loved having my parents and sister over.



I'm off to sew. The goal is to finish the Log Cabin blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment