Wednesday, February 17

So, I'm Finally 40

If you haven't heard, I turned 40 today.

Thank you to those that stopped by today and wished me well!!

Please don't judge me too harshly.....

M took me to lunch. We went to a urban cafe called Fuel by my work without question. Lunch didn't get off to a good start because I wanted a Coke/Pepsi and I was told by the waitress unapologetically, "We don't serve corn syrup products here. We have a Mexican cola on the menu." (I had to come home and research the whole thing and you might find this interesting. The cola is made from cane sugar.) The cafe was loud and I was sitting about 12" from another table of diners so I didn't feel like I could even talk freely. The menu was inventive, but not my kind of food. I ended up with an overpriced Reuben sandwich and water.

I DID enjoy the company and know it's the thought that counted.

I ended up working late. Work has been difficult is all I'm free to stay. On the way home and desperately looking forward to relaxing and celebrating my birthday with M and the kids, I remembered today is Ash Wednesday. We may have skipped it had Z not been the Acolyte tonight.

Life!



M thought better than to put 4-0 on my cake in candles. He said they thought to do Roman numerals, but it would have been X-L. Smart man!!

Yum-O

(I will be searching for a new cake place. King Soopers is really scrimping on the frosting. I can't believe how thin a layer there was on my cake. Oh, and the kids had to fight over who was going to get the balloons. NOBODY!)



I'm off to bed. It's been a long day.........

1 comment: