Friday, February 19

Weekend Goals, Probably Ain't Gonna Happen


If I'm counting the candles correctly, I'm seven. I still have the dress I'm wearing. I can't remember if C ever wore it, but I know S did. I wish I had taken a picture of HER in it.

I'm so behind. Work is really cutting into me getting stuff done around my house--I miss my Fridays. Life is really getting in the way, too. I can't wait until spring and summer when I have more energy and am just warm. It's cold again in Denver and all I want to do is snuggle up on the couch and veg.

February is almost over and I'm not happy about that.

I had goals associated with my Christmas blog, too, and I've not got anything done. It's going to be a race to see if I can get my Piece and Goodwill blocks done. I also had to deal with another bill from long ago and so there went my birthday money. I'm just glad I had it to use and didn't have to ask M to bail me out again.

I would have liked to get stuff done this weekend, but we've got another busy stretch planned: my parents are coming over for my birthday dinner, A has a swimming birthday party (I've got to find him a suit), and another party for all the kids for a boy from church. I would have liked to plan for the birthday parties, but we just got the invitations on Wednesday and Thursday. Ugh!

I need to schedule some time for me or I'm going to go crazy. I wonder if it's too soon to ask for a day off since I've only been full-time for about a month?

I'm trying not to be disappointed that I didn't finish the Log Cabin blocks like I wanted to this week. Oh, well. National Quilting Day is sometime in March so I think I will have to take advantage of that sale for the border fabric. I don't think I'm going to get to GAQF this weekend.

Oh, and the two things I asked for my birthday? A clean bathroom...that didn't happen. I guess I'm going to have to do it myself! I didn't get my Swifter, either.....

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) Birthday! I know (and hate) that feeling of not getting everything done. I'm just hoping that with the longer days and better weather of spring, I get more energy and more time to accomplish stuff. I always feel like I get more done in the warm months. Not to mention, when the kids are out of school they are around to help out with chores around the house. Of course they're around to mess it up more, too, so I guess that evens out!

    ReplyDelete