Thursday, February 4

A Mess......of Binding and Birthday Plans

I've started to drop subtle hints about what I want for my birthday on the 17th. I am going to be 40 so I figure that rates some good loot, right?


On my list is this:




I'm nothing if not practical!

I'd like to ask for a bunch of other stuff, but M just paid a lingering bill for me, none too happily, so I don't dare. We've also got impending property taxes, taxes, all all four kids' b'days in April and May. I'm still hoping that M's aunt and mom don't think 40 is too old to send b'day money. We had discussed how last year's birthday was going to be the last one I acknowledged, but that doesn't mean they have to?!

I don't think finishing M's Christmas quilt will even win me any points. I picked up his quilt from my new quilter last night. She did a nice job on it and I'm very glad to have found her! I pieced the binding this evening and hope to get it sewn on tomorrow with hand finishing this weekend.





He does seem to like it, though. I've quilted for over 12 years and I've never made him a quilt. I really went all out. I don't plan on displaying this quilt anywhere. I know he intends to use it.

2 comments:

  1. I too want a wet jet. Maybe the kids will think its cool and want to use it themselves! Yeah right! But I can dream:)

    ReplyDelete