Sunday, June 13

Bella's Bracelet


I've been trying to get the kids to keep it down since I've got a headache.  M's at work playing catch-up and so he's not been here to keep the peace.  I'm not too sick to sew, though, and was able to get this block almost finised today.  I need to get some jump rings for the charms so I can attach them.  I could do it without them, but I've gone to this much trouble so I might as well get some.

The block looks like Cat's but I actually drafted my own version in EQ.  My version has more detail than her pattern and I like the way it came out.  I started out with the shapes (one inside the other) in Word, used Print Screen, and then edited it with the photo software.  I imported it into EQ5 as a .bmp and went at it--not so bad since I had practice with all the "New Moon" letters.  C suggested I position the bracelet differently.  I also wanted the bracelet to dominate the block and for there not to be so much background.  Oh, and there was the fact that I'm trying not to use any patterns associated with that group unless I used them first or came up with the idea to begin with.





The fabrics are very glitzy.  I used the gold because Edward gives her the heart charm in his room and his decor, including bedding, is gold.

2 comments:

  1. this is another winner (i wasn't that crazy about the other bracelet - much better made glitzy) and the charms are waaaay cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things... :)

    One- how will you wash the quilt with the charms on it?

    Two- Looove this block and the escape-with-jacob block. You are amazingly creative.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete