Saturday, June 26

Holding Back

Maybe I've got too much going on that I'm too overwhelmed to write about it? Maybe I've had a change of heart and don't feel like sharing the bad, the worse, and the uglier? Maybe I'm getting lazy?

I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'm just going to play a quick game of catch-up....

Ginger, one of our dogs and M's baby, has been diagnosed with diabetes. (This is the dog that I've had evil thoughts about...the one that jumps the fence, gets into the trash, hogs the couch, etc.) She'd seen a dramatic weight loss in the past two months. M finally took her to the vet on Thursday and received the diagnosis. It's two insulin shots a day for the rest of her life. Poor baby.

M turned 45 today. He grilled steaks for us and we had his favorite ice cream cake. I will probably get him another one. I only had enough money to get him a cake from the grocery store instead of Baskin Robbins. I will get him his favorite pralines and cream cake next weekend. The kids all made him cards, including S's fabric card that we had issues about last night. I think I'm going to get him a gift card somewhere so he can buy a baseball mitt. The boys are always after him to play catch, but he doesn't have a mitt.

S is learing to sew with me as her instructor. Gulp! She was having so much trouble sewing a straight seam. I looked for tips today. She's using an old machine, but I think I'm going to bring up my other one because I lost the front container thingy of the sewing machine bed and it's an issue. She used my machine today, but she wants her "own" machine and I don't want to share either. The tip that is working is taping a drinking straw as a seam guide that is butted up the edge of the foot. It seems to be working. She started her quilt tonight.

Z wants to make a quilt, too. At this rate, I'll never have a chance to sew myself. hahahahahaha

I'm still working on the Eclipse Quilt. It would have been nice to finish it before the movie opened, but I'm not getting much help and I'm so fussy about the blocks I'm making. They have to be just right. I'm almost done with Victoria thank goodness. I still don't know how I'm going to complete her face. Our plans fell through to give it away, so it may be looking for another good home upon completion.

(She needs a face.  I don't know if I really want to continue with the "art" quilt/photo adaptation method I've been using for her face.  I'm wondering if I can paint it somehow?  Suggestions?)

This is the photo I used:



C's curfew punishment is finished today. She already has a plans to attend a birthday party tomorrow. She was pretty well behaved while being grounded. I'm hoping she breaks loose in a good way.

S is enjoying her summer school. She was afraid to go, but she can't wait to go. She only has a week left, though. She's being bribed with candy to learn her times tables. Whatever! My mom has been helping out by taking her and picking her up. I'm sorting out my feelings about her sitting in her car out in front of my house until I get home?! (11 a.m. to 3:00 or 4:00) She doesn't even try to make it into my house anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment