Saturday, June 5

I Still Got It Wrong


I'm not going to talk too much about this block because it's too aggravating.  This is block #2.  I used different fabric for the white envelope and the gold manila envelope.  The application was done differently, too.

I was happy enough until I scanned it and realized I'd missed stitching a section in the UAS logo.  Yeah, and it was all pieced together already.  I'm such an idiot!!!!!!!  I never learn!!!!!!!!  I ended up embroidering this section.  You can totally tell the difference.  We'll see if I can leave it alone.  I'll probably embroider on top of the machine stitching I didn't miss tomorrow because I won't be able to leave it alone.  (I don't want to machine it and have it show on the back side of the flap.)  Such a shame!

The envelope turned out pretty well.  The flap still flips open.  The gold "envelope" is raw edge appliqued to a Dartmouth college application that I printed on photo fabric.  It wasn't the way I wanted to do it, but I had to surrender.

I may or may not draft an UAS acceptance letter.

I'm just too aggravated.

The only good thing I can say is that by finishing the block, I have all the blocks for the first row and I can start piecing that part of the top.

I need a simple block after this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment