Thursday, June 10

My Stache Problem

I know that stash is spelled s-t-a-s-h and not s-t-a-c-h-e.  I'm simply trying to be funny.

I'm one sigh away from getting rid of my stash.  It will kill me emotionally to do it.  I've got a fortune in fabric in my basement.  I had a great time....for all of a couple of minutes with each purchase.....shopping for it.  I have an attachment to my fabric even though I don't use it.

Yes, I rarely use it.  It's hard to get to.  I never have the right fabric.  I'm too indecisive in trying to use it in projects.  I'd usually rather go buy something new unless I'm really broke and if I am I'm usually too sad to sew anyway.

It's taking up the basement.

My other option is to put it in storage somewhere else, like a unit, and PAY to store it.

I'm trying to be realistic.  As I was accumulating fabric over the years for one reason or another (I've always said I'm a quilter because I have to be since I love fabric so much), I've been telling myself that one day I'll be able to sit back and sew and sew and sew.  I've realized for a long time that's not likely to happen.

I'm never going to have a dedicated sewing room.  I'm never going to have the time.  I'm being selfish in keeping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment