Monday, June 14

Happy for Monday

Rarely am  I ever happy for the weekend to end, but put last weekend in the record books because I'm happy it's Monday!

Mondays aren't the problem.  I don't usually mind Mondays overall.  I'm usually busy at work so the day goes by fast.  Even when the kids are in school they aren't so bad because of their late start.

I'm not unhappy with what I got done.  I would have liked to have been able to get one more block finished, but I didn't start another one because of indecision and not because I didn't have patterns ready to go.  I maintain that a shopping trip is in order for me to get inspired.

The reason I was eager for my weekend to end was because I washed M's wallet on Saturday.  Oops!!!  I am so bad about checking pockets.  (It's really because I'm too lazy so the rule is that YOU should make sure your pockets are empty before you put clothes in the hamper.  **The laundress refuses to be responsible for any washed items and their possible destruction as a result.**)  The sorry thing is that I checked M's front pockets, but I didn't check his back pocket.  He always takes his wallet and checkbook out of his pocket the minute he gets home.....  I know, I know I'm making excuses.

The rub of this whole thing is that his credit card is missing, but nothing else out of his wallet.  The last time he used it was at home to place an online order for pizza on Friday night.  He says he didn't have to show it at the pizza place.  The credit card didn't up and disintegrate in the wash.  I didn't even completely dry the clothes before he realized his wallet was missing.  It has to be somewhere, right?

I apologized profusely for the whole thing, but he still left me hanging all Saturday night and Sunday before actually saying that he didn't think I was the one who lost his card.  Gee, thanks!  I wish I'd never washed his pants because I'm beyond the fact that I should have checked his pockets.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. i don't understand why YOU feel guilty because HE doesn't empty his pockets (?!?)

    ReplyDelete