Friday, June 11

You're Really Not Going to Do That, Right?!

M tries to help me....really he does.

In my fuss over the Eclipse Quilt last week with the big announcement, I know he noticed the similarities of how things were shaping up.  I've been waiting for him to say something and he did this morning when I asked his opinion on setting fabric, measurements, and scale.

He really didn't have to be that vocal in his oppinion.  I could tell that he was disapproving of where this quilt was headed.

Yeah, I know....

So, I guess it's back to the drawing board which is going to be tough since I don't have the brains for it.

I asked my dad to help by drafting some paper piecing patterns.  He sent a couple to me last night of Victoria and the New Moon tulip.  I think we're going to have to go back to the drawing board.  He doesn't quilt so there are some issues with the patterns and their sewability.  I know that I should just do things myself, but I've previously discussed my issues with drawing.

What a difference a couple of days makes.  I was brimming with confidence until this week.  I've hit a wall.  I have a list of blocks and even some of the patterns picked out, but I can't seem to get with it.

I framed the blocks we've finished in their white frames.  I had planned to finish all of them, but S wanted to read to me last night.  She ended up reading me to sleep.  I have three blocks left and I hope to finish them tonight.

I thought payday was Monday, but it's not!!  I am so mad at myself for not realizing this.  I know I could get some inspiration going if I could buy some new fabric.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. yes, you DO have the brains for it, so don't make me hafta slap you again

    ReplyDelete