Tuesday, June 8

I Could Be Glad I Waited

We got a late start on the Eclipse Quilt.  I'm still fooling myself that it will be finished in time....

There is benefit to all this and, no, it's not being able to use the craptastic work of others because I'm way better and much more creative/skilled/conceited than that.

The info/pics/inspiration is just pouring out from everywhere for Eclipse.  Like Jasper in his C.W. uni, the tent scene, the Bree Tanner book.

The latest instance of brilliance is to include a Bree Tanner block, hourglass exactly like the book cover because I lack originality and am way too literal, and I have this wonderful crazy idea.

I bought glitter for the sand, but then I got to thinking why can't I use, well, SAND--red, glorious, sand--the kind that kids use in their sand art?

I don't know where this quilt will end up, but I was going to kill suggest strongly that it not be washed--because it's a work of ART (AND IT HAS WAY TO MANY embellishments that would be destroyed in the wash.)

Cool or just too out there?!

1 comment:

  1. I would agree to directions that someone gave me for this work of art! It is meant to be displayed not used. My 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete