Saturday, June 5

Go Figure

It's never more apparent that my blog is really nothing more than my online journal when I start to whine or rant about something.

I enjoyed my day off yesterday to a point.  I had a hard time not thinking about work, because there was a lot going on there even though we're not that busy.  A certain someone may think we're slow and that not much is going on, but the office doesn't stop functioning when we don't have orders to fill.  Someone still needs to be in the office.  We had two full truck loads in the works.  Orders did ship out yesterday.  Prep work needed to be done for next week.  I know I'm going to be in a panic on Monday and I'm gearing up by thinking about it today.  My other boss didn't know I wasn't working so I heard about that yesterday.  The other one said that he was going to cover the office and then didn't stay for the whole day.

I did end up taking the kids to the pool yesterday.  I had to get them rec cards first.  S needed a swimsuit.  They wanted goggles.  $$$ even shopping at Walmart.  C wanted to go to Pirates Cove with her friends.  I let her.  I pestered her for exact plans and got who she was going with, but we didn't confirm when I was going to pick her up because she wasn't sure.  My crew and I went to the indoor pool.  The kids had a good time, including S's friend.  I treated them to ice cream after.  I was pretty peeved with C because she didn't check in with me once, not answering my texts or call, so after five hours of no communication I was ready to have her paged.  I called M in a panic and he picked her up on his way home.  She is grounded and I've learned another lesson.

S's friend was going to stay the night, but her mom ended up coming to get her at 11:30 because she was too scared to stay.  She's nine so I thought we were past that stage.  (My kids, including S, could never wait to have sleepovers.  She's spent the night at the girl's house numerous times.)  S was very disappointed because it was the first time I've let her have anyone stay.

I also have to report a fail on the UAS/Dartmouth quilt block.  The concept was good enough, but I had a ton of issues.  I'm going to try again so I guess I spent hours on the test block.  I hate working with white fabric.  I always manage to get something on it or doing something to it while ironing.  The tip of my envelope looks dirty.  It may even be the thread I used showing through or simply dirt from my hands.  I tried to get it out, but it still looks dirty.  I also couldn't get the Dartmouth application to look right after pp it--well, duh....  it's next to impossible to position a patterned fabric the right way.  I tried to save the block, but for not.  I'm going to try again.  I haven't decided if I'm going to use white fabric again.







The UAS logo is appliqued.  I'm happy that turned out well!  The envelope flap lifts up to reveal the inside just like a real envelope.  The gold fabric is for another envelope and it looks wonky because I took the outside fabric off.  I think I'm going to applique this part onto the printed Dartmouth application.

No comments:

Post a Comment