Monday, March 8

Design Wall Monday: Complicating the Issue

Hello visitors and fans of Design Wall Monday and friends! PatchworkTimes knows how to throw a party!



I have one more row of blocks to sew together. I probably should have pushed to get it done last weekend, but I started working on a top secret quilt project instead in addition to all the other things that the weekend demanded I get done.

M likes this fabric better for the border. I like it, too, and actually thinks it looks better than the other I had picked but there is still some sense of disappointment that I feel because I really liked the Asian butterfly fabric.





It's difficult to tell from the picture and flash effect, but the fabric has a brown background and the flowers are actually much closer in color to the fabrics I used in the blocks. I agree that it is a much better choice.

I wish I had realized we liked this fabric the best because it's at GAQF and their National Quilt Month Sale was this last weekend. 20% is better than nothing. I had sticker shock at the lqs yesterday. I saw some bolts with $11/yd price tags. Ouch!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! Asian butterfly fabric?!? LOL! I like the look of the one you've got up against it, too. Beautiful piecing; I love the graduation of blues. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have picked great colors to work with and they go together really well. One more row is a very exciting place to be! Can't wait to see next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $11 is cheap here.......
    And I love the design table!

    ReplyDelete